I know that I need to prepare for my presentation on friday(again!) on cultural identity and diaspora and also for my portuguese test next monday…
But I wanted to prepare a vegan dessert for tomorrow. (I got a invitation by a new Mexican friend for Chilaquiles!!!) And cooking always helps to reduce stress for me…
So I tried my old earl grey muffin recipe in vegan version this time and also veganized a recipe of green tea red bean muffin that I found on the internet. (http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=sweet2278&logNo=30115073929, available in Korean)
Ingredients for Vegan Earl Grey Muffin for approx. 12 muffins (or if you are lazy like this and have only a muffin frame with 6 muffins, you can use the half of the dough for one earl grey mini pound cake
375gr self rising flour, 150gr sugar, 120ml of safflower oil, 4 earl grey tea bags(two for mixing with other dry ingredients, two for the tea in soy milk), 250ml soy milk, 2 portions of Flax egg(to substitute one egg, use 1 TSP of ground flaxseed plus 3 TSPs of warm water), 5gr baking powder, 2gr salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 c and make earl grey tea using two tea bags in 250ml of warm soy milk
2. Mix dry ingredients (flour, 2 tea bags, baking powder, salt, sugar)
3. Mix wet ingredients (oil, flax eggs and then the soy earl grey tea)
4. Incorporate the liquid ingredients in three separate portions to the dry ingredients
5. Prepare muffin frame and bake for 25mins
Even the mini pound cake turned out pretty well (I needed to bake this one for 35mins) to be a result of my laziness.
Since I knew that I was going to “taste” the other muffin, I originally wanted to try only half of the earl grey muffin but ended up eating one whole one and even a slice of pound cake. =/
Ingredients for Green Tea Muffin with red bean for 6 muffins
175gr self rising flour, 60gr sugar, 50ml soy milk, 15ml soy cream(if you don’t have soy cream use 15ml more of soy milk), 6gr green tea powder, 3gr baking powder, 60ml of safflower oil (or other flavourless oil) , 60gr of cooked red beans, 6 chopped dried dates soaked in rum , 1 flax egg
The instruction to make this muffin is pretty much the same.
1. Prepare dry powder ingredients
2. Mix sugar, oil, flax egg and then soy milk & cream mixture
3. Mix until you don’t see powder
4. Add the red bean and dates in the end and bake for 25mins at 180c.
I ended up eating one whole green tea muffin…well, still got 10 muffins & one almost entire mini pound cake!